So as of right now, I am not really sure if I have any readers. However, I thought I would post just in case I do! I arrived yesterday to Mount Holyoke. It is absolutely and breathtakingly beautiful, just as I remember it. Moving in was, of course, quite hectic. Once everything was in place however, I took a deep (humid) breath and headed off to my first event, which was a barbeque. From then on, it has been quite a journey. There were the necessarily awkward moments, the getting locked out of my room even though I told myself I wouldn't, the screaming seniors greeting the scared firsties, and lots and lots of walking. Some of my favorite moments:
- Walking around Upper Lake (which is right outside of my bay window) with my parents
- Walking into the reading room in the library, which is officially my favorite room in the whole entire world
- Finding out that there was, in fact, a bookshelf for all of the friends I brought along with me!
- Waking up this morning (at 6:45... I am the freak who wanted to go work out my second day here...) and looking out my window to see an orange sun rising above the full green trees surrounding the lake, the colors reflecting off of the glassy lake
- Locking up my mint green bike (Omar as he is called) outside of my dorm
- Having an advisor inform me that studying in both Oxford and France might just be possible
- Setting up my coffee maker
- Eating Indian food in Amherst with my parents
- Finding a typewriter shop in Amherst with beautiful typewriters, including a $500 Smith Corona that I never wanted to leave, and also finding out that they had a ribbon for the portable Remington Model 5 I am bringing out in a couple of weeks... great American novel here I come!
I suppose that is all for now. There is lots of excitement, some profound feelings that are a little hard to explain, and lots of happiness. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment